Plan Your Dubai Desert Safari Experience
Now that you’ve opted to go for a Dubai desert safari tour, there must be plenty of things on your mind; timings, locations, what to wear, inclusions in your ticket, etc. Read our informative guide on everything you need to know about planning your desert safari experience in Dubai.
Dubai Desert Safari Locations
All your Dubai desert safari tours include return transfers. With this option, you can choose to either be picked-up directly at your hotel in Dubai (this option is not applicable for hotels located in Sharjah or Abu Dhabi) or get picked up at a central point in the city. Here, we detail what are the different pick-up points in the city and the different desert locations you can opt for your experience.
There are several points in the city where you can be picked up from, depending on your tour operator. These can be easily reached by using Dubai’s extensive public transport system, which includes widespread metro and bus networks. We recommend arriving at the pick-up point 15 minutes before your allotted time slot. Some popular pick-up points are:
- Deira City Centre: On the Red Line of the Dubai Metro
- Burjuman Spinneys: Located close to Burjuman metro station, on the Red and Green Line
- Lulu Mall: Located close to the Mall of the Emirates metro station, on the Red Line
- Sahara Centre (Dubai side): Use buses E306, E307, E307A and E400
- Al Mulla Plaza: Use buses C14 or F23, or get off at Stadium metro station
- Dragon Mart: Located close to Rashidiya metro station, on the Red Line
Dubai is home to an endless expanse of golden deserts. These deserts are primarily located on the outskirts of the city. You don’t have to worry about planning the commute from your hotel to the desert, since your ticket includes return transfers; you will be picked up and dropped back to your hotel after the experience. The most popular Dubai deserts are:
- Al Awir Desert: This desert is the best option for dune-bashing and quad biking
- Lahbab Desert: This desert is famous for its red dunes and mesmerizing sunsets
- Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve: This desert is well-known for its wildlife and flora
Evening desert safari
Depending on your operator’s schedule, you will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle between 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM.
Morning desert safari
Depending on your operator’s schedule, you will be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle between 08:00 AM to 09:00 AM.
Things to Do in Dubai
There’s a variety of attractions to visit in Dubai. The best way to visit the most popular attractions is by opting for a city tour. All the destinations reflect Dubai’s journey from a traditional Arabian community to a modern, cosmopolitan tourist destination.
Here are some popular locations you would visit as part of your Dubai city tour:
- Dubai Museum
- Al Fahidi Fort
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Burj Al Arab
- Palm Islands
- Atlantis Hotel
- Dubai Souq
As part of your Dubai desert safari package, you can opt to visit Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. With your ticket, you get access to Burj Khalifa At The Top, which includes Levels 124 and 125.
Tickets are available in 30-minute slots; you can enter within this slot and stay for as long as you like in the tower.
Burj Khalifa At The Top timings are: 08:00 AM to 03:00 PM and 03:30 PM to 06:00 PM.
If you’ve opted to visit the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, be prepared to spend about 1.5 - 2 hours at the site. There’s plenty to see and if you opt for any of the experiences involved, prepare to spend some time at the Dubai Aquarium.
You can visit the Dubai Aquarium along with your visit to the Burj Khalifa.
If you opt for a Dhow cruise in Dubai, there’s plenty in store for you. Visitors receive welcome refreshments, a delicious 3-course dinner with continental and local dishes, and traditional music to keep you entertained.
Return transfers will be included as part of your Dhow cruise package. You will be picked up directly from your hotel between 07:00 PM to 07:30 PM.
Get a fantastic view of the impressive skyline in the city at Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai when you visit the Dubai Frame.
Timings for the Dubai Frame are:
It is open through the year from 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM. Visit at sunset for the best experience.
Know Before You Go
Here are some things to keep in mind for your Dubai desert safari experience:
- Hotel transfers are included only from your hotel, not the airport
- Hotels based in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi are not included as part of the return transfer facility
- Desert safari entertainment options like belly dance, tanoura dance and alcohol serving will not be available during Ramadan and occasions like Eid, Islamic New Year and the Prophet’s birthday.
- Pregnant women, children under the age of 2 and adults above 70 are not permitted to try desert safari activities like dune-bashing, sandboarding, quad biking, etc.
- Children between the ages of 3-12 get a discount on their ticket. Please carry valid government ID proof for your desert safari.
- You can wear loose, comfortable clothing like pants, shorts, t-shirts, etc., for the desert safari. Carry both closed-toe and open-toe footwear for different activities.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold separately; they’re not included in your package.
Q. What are Dubai desert safari locations?
A. The main Dubai desert safari locations are Al Awir Desert, Lahbab Desert and Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.
Q. What are Dubai desert safari timings?
A. There are no timings as such. If you opt for a morning desert safari, you will be picked up from your hotel between 08:00 AM to 09:00 AM; for an evening desert safari, you will be picked up between 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM.
Q. Who can attend a Dubai desert safari?
A. Anyone is free to attend a Dubai desert safari. Certain restrictions are in place for pregnant women, children under the age of 2 and adults above the age of 70.
Q. What do I wear for a Dubai desert safari?
A. You can wear loose, comfortable clothing for a Dubai desert safari. Also carry open-toe and closed-toe shoes as well.
Q. What activities are included in a Dubai desert safari package?
A. You can choose Dubai desert safari combos that include city tours, Dhow cruises, or visits to attractions like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Aquarium and Dubai Frame amongst others.